2021 OAOS Virtual Orthopaedic Conference – Link to Content Below
2021 Virtual Exhibitors:
Once registered for the OAO 2021 Virtual Orthopaedic Conference, you will receive a link to the virtual content. Virtual content will be available October 8, 2021 through January 31, 2022. Register here!
October 8, 2021 to January 31, 2022
Link to Virtual Content
After clicking on the link to virtual content, click on the video you want to watch. You will be directed to a sign-in page. Using the sign-in panel on the right side of the page, enter your legal first name, last name, license and email address. This counts as your sign-in sheet and will be required for each video that your wish to received credit for. Please do NOT use LinkedIn, Facebook or Google to sign in. You do not need a user name or password to sign in.
- 2021 Virtual Exhibitors
- 2021 Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2021 Course Checklist
- 2021 Online Course Evaluation
- 2021 Learning Objectives
- 2021 Virtual Exhibitor Package
Target Audience/Program Focus
OAOS plans educational activities for orthopaedic doctors in Oregon and surrounding areas. We seek to serve the educational needs of our membership, as well as the needs of local and regional orthopaedic doctors. Our program is open to orthopaedic physicians and physician assistants that are currently in practice, orthopaedic physicians in residency programs, as well as retired and part-time physicians.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Oregon Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates the Oregon Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2021 Virtual Orthopaedic Conference, October 8, 2021 to January 31, 2022, for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2021 Faculty & Courses
Robert Ablove, MD
Professor of Orthopaedics Director, Upper Extremity Fellowship, UBMD Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Buffalo, NY
- Treatment of Complex Post Traumatic Elbow Instability
- The History of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Pearls About Glenoid Exposure
Matthew Budge, MD
Shoulder Arthroplasty Champion, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Salem, OR
- Nerve Blocks for Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
Anna Cohen-Rosenblum, MD
Assistant Professor, LSU Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, LSU Health, New Orleans, LA
- Obesity & Elective TJA
Daniel K. Guy, MD
2021 AAOS President, Emory Southern Orthopaedics and WellStar/West Georgia Health System, LaGrange, GA
- AAOS Update
- Highlighted AAOS Programs
- The Future of Arthroplasty
Claudette Lajam, MD
Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Chief Orthopedic Safety Officer, NYU Langone Health, NYU Grossman School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Payment, Policy and Practice: The Evolution and Impact of Medicare Reimbursement for Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Modern Technology in TKA: Handheld Accelerometer-Based Navigation, Robotics and Augmented Reality
- Leadership Lessons from the Pandemic
C. Benjamin Ma, MD
Professor and Vice Chairman, Adult Clinical Operations, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF Health, San Francisco, CA
- Fashion and Trends in Management of ACL injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injuries: Haven’t we figured out what works?
Samir Mehta, MD
Chief, Orthopaedic Trauma & Fracture Service, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Talent Development in HCPs: Resilience, Grit & Agility
Michael Ries, MD
Fellowship Director, Reno Orthopaedic Clinic, Reno, NV, Professor Emeritus, UCSF, San Francisco, CA
- Causes and Management of Instability after Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Management of Bone Loss in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
Stephen Wallace, MD
Summit Orthopaedics, Lake Oswego, OR
- Hidden Deformity: Bowlegs, Knock Knees and Tetratorsional Malalignment
- Osseointegration and Bone Transport: Advances in Limb Amputation and Reconstruction
Nancy Yen Shipley, MD
Multnomah Orthopedic Clinic, Portland, OR, Team Physician U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team
- Digital Orthopaedics: Social Media, Multimedia and Your Orthopaedic Practice
Click here to see 2021 Educational Objectives
All faculty members and planning committee members participating in this educational program are expected to disclose to the program audience any significant financial interest and/or other relationship with the manufacturers and providers of commercial products and/or services discussed in their presentation, and their relationship or financial interest in any commercial contributor to the educational activity.
Please click here to see disclosures for all 2021 faculty, staff and planning committee members.