2020 OAOS Virtual Orthopaedic Conference
Once registered for the OAO 2020 Virtual Orthopaedic Conference, you will receive a link to the virtual content. Virtual content will be available October 31, 2020 through March 31, 2021. Register here!
October 31, 2020 to March 31, 2021
- 2020 Sponsors
- 2020 Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Course Checklist
- Online Course Evaluation
- Learning Objectives
Target Audience/Program Focus
OAOS plans educational activities for orthopaedic doctors in Oregon and surrounding areas. We seek to serve the educational needs of our membership, as well as the needs of local and regional orthopaedic doctors. Our program is open to orthopaedic physicians and physician assistants that are currently in practice, orthopaedic physicians in residency programs, as well as retired and part-time physicians.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Oregon Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates this enduring material for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2020 Faculty & Courses
Adolph Lombardi, MD
President, JIS Orthopedics, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, New Albany, OH
- Mid-Term Results of the Taperloc Complete Microplasty Femoral Stem
- Can You Treat 20 to 50% of Primary Knee Patients with Partials?
- Advances in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty: What’s New in the United States?
- The Pursuit of Perfection in Total Knee Arthroplasty
Javad Parvizi, MD
Vice Chairman of Research, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Director of Clinical Research, Rothman Orthopaedic Institute
- Prevention of Infection: Disrupting Chain of Transfer
- Periprosthetic Joint Infection: Orthopedics on the Verge of an Evolution
- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis: Money, Politics or Patient Outcome
Anish Kadakia, MD
Full Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Lisfranc Injuries: When and How to Treat
Joseph Bosco III, MD
AAOS 2020 President
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, New York, NY
- AAOS 2020 Update
- Healthcare Industry Consolidation
James Ballard, MD
Regenerative Orthopedic Center, Portland, OR
- Knee Replacement: Back to the Basics
Patrick Denard, MD
Southern Oregon Orthopedics, Medford, OR
- Massive Cuff Tears: Joint Preservation vs Arthroplasty
Paul Duwelius, MD
Adjunct Associate Professor of Orthopaedics, School of Medicine, OHSU, Orthopedic & Fracture Specialists, Portland, OR
- Surgical Approaches to Total Hip Replacement
- Operation Walk/Freedom to Move
Richard Gellman, MD
Emanuel Hospital, Portland, OR
SIGN Board Member
- SIGN Program: Orthopaedic Outreach Oversees
Andrea Herzka, MD
Associate Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- FAI/Hip Arthroscopy Updates
Thomas Huff, MD
Assistant Professor Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- Treatment of Acetabular Dysplasia in Adolescents and Young Adults
- Surgical Management of Proximal Femoral Deformity
Christopher Nanson, MD
Orthopedics Northwest, Tigard, OR
- Robotic Surgery and Orthopaedics
Robert Orfaly, MD
Professor Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- The Role for Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty for Cuff Deficiencies and Revisions
Kathryn Schabel, MD
Associate Professor, Medical Director of CJR, School of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- Complex Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
- Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty: The Basics
Corey Vande Zandschulp, MD
Summit Orthopaedics, Lake Oswego, OR
- Minimizing Opiates in Orthopaedic Surgery
Kimberly Workman, MD
Orthopedic & Fracture Specialists, Portland, OR
- Periarticular Osteotomy for Knee OA: Is it Still Relevant?
Click here to see our 2020 Educational Objectives
All faculty members and planning committee members participating in this educational program are expected to disclose to the program audience any significant financial interest and/or other relationship with the manufacturers and providers of commercial products and/or services discussed in their presentation, and their relationship or financial interest in any commercial contributor to the educational activity.
Please click here to see updated disclosures for all 2020 faculty, staff and planning committee members.